Saturday, March 27, 2010

Collage Reflection




Think Creatively:

In my collage there are some creative element to it. For example one of the creative aspects of my collage is how I set up or put my images. they are creative because I overlapped the picture to make them have texture and it represents them having to leave somethings in the refugee camp. Another creative aspect of my collage is the way i used the fire to overlap some of the images. It is creative because it shows that the pictures that were overlapped with fire were the things that the lost boys have escaped.

Reason Critically:

I reasoned critically on my collage by putting certain images near them. I put certain images near to some other images because those images connected somehow. An example is how I put the picture of a person on top of the American flag because when the lost boys of Sudan arrived in America they were shocked because of the necessities they needed and the different things they needed to overcome like getting a job or going to school. Another example is by putting the dove near the racism sign because a main conflict that the lost boys faced was racism and that racism was stopping them from getting peace.

Communicate Effectively:

My collage creates awareness for the lost boys of Sudan I included various images. In those various images I included images about their conflicts, their journey, the new stuff they faced and what things that they had to leave in the refugee camp. An image that represents the new stuff they had to adapt to in America was the food. They had to get used to eating fast food. Another new thing they faced in America was electricity.They had to learn how to use electricity in their new home and adapt to using it.

Live Ethically:

My collage created empathy because it showed mainly sad images and some of the stuff they had to leave back at home or the refugee camp. One of those things was like leaving their Dinka ethnography like the cows and the totem poles. The collage might change peoples'emotions because there are several images asking for peace or help including the help button.


No comments:

Post a Comment